Friday, February 25, 2011

Yummy Hummus!

Every so often I make food from other cultures (Finisher does is all the time!). It is so interesting to experience new tastes, fun to buy spices I've never tried before, like Cardamon, and learn about other ways of life. One of my favorite recipes that I "discovered" was hummus. My favorite recipe can be found at http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hummus-III/Detail.aspx --I've also posted it below. I like it because some recipes have too much lemon juice in them. It is so yummy with veggies or chunks of pita or whole wheat bread. The most expensive ingredient is the Tahini (ground up sesame seeds)--but a pint bottle makes several batches and keeps forever in the fridge, so it's worth getting. Hummus with veggies and pita bread is a very fun Friday meal! The only trouble I'm going to have is keeping my teenager from eating all of it by himself!

~Homemaker

Ingredients

  • 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
  • 1/3 cup tahini
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cloves garlic, halved
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 pinch paprika
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley

Directions

  1. Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
  2. Drizzle olive oil over the garbanzo bean mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.

No comments: