Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall Wreath Redo

My fall wreath needed to be redone.  So here is a step by step of what I did.  I wish that I had a total before picture, so you could see the sorry state that this was in.  It looked a ton better with everything off.  I kept the ribbon since it was in good shape, and I still liked it.
I added some shiny pumpkin ribbon as well.  I wove it over and under the existing ribbon and hot-glued it in place.  Next I made some loops of the shiny ribbon, twisted on some stiff wire, and then hot-glued them in between the loops of the bow on the top.
Next I wove in a garland of leaves in and out of the ribbon.  I then hot glued  in some shiny pumpkins that I bought at Hobby Lobby on sale for about $1/each.  I also glued back in the small pumpkins and berries that were on it before, in and around the big bow on top.
I had this spray of these small yellow berry things.  I pulled off the individual sprays and then strategically glued them around the pumpkins and in the bow.
I also glued these weird purple berries that I had left over from another project as well as some reddish purple mums that I had.
Here is a close-up of the bow on top.
And here is the finished wreath--BEAUTIFUL!!!!  I love how it turned out!  Not bad for a $3 investment.


Lena said...

Love it Deb!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Yes, Great job! I still pull out my wreath that you made me. You are very talented Deb!