Friday, July 20, 2012

Dresses fit for Cinderella

The boys are getting all fancy with their vests.  We need three fancy dresses for the girls to match.
 I used Simplicity pattern 9497.  Deborah helped me with the first dress.  She cut it out and sewed the bodice.  It was so fun having her here for a few days to help me out!   I finished the 1st dress and got the 2nd dress cut out and sewed and the third dress is all cut out.  I can't wait to sit down and sew it.

Tools:  Same as for any sewing project.  Pattern, fabric, pins, scissors, sewing machine etc., no extra bit of blue required for this project.
Procedure:  Follow pattern directions.
Here is the beautiful bodice.  When I saw it I instantly thought "Cinderella."
 Use a sewing gauge to measure the hem, then pin it and iron it before sewing, it helps make the hem line nice and even.
Medium dress.

Small dress.   I need to make the small dress longer, but I think I will add some tulle or something to it.  Plus I need to add white ribbon sashes to all the dresses.

Large dress, all cut out and ready to sew.  A project for another day.
~Lena