Thursday, March 3, 2011

Budget Extreme

Way to go Ramen Queen on your February food budget! February was a crazy month for us as far as groceries were concerned. I didn't make it to the grocery store except for a couple of quick trips. Part of the reason was I was out of town a couple of times, and super busy the rest of the time. By the time I did get to the store at the end of the month, I had most of my food money to spend and realized I could stock up on food, or I could buy seeds, plants and trees for my garden/yard. I ended up getting the latter. I admit, I'm a sucker for getting out in the yard and planting stuff in the garden when the weather becomes warmer. Plus I love buying seeds and plants. So I spent, (drum roll please), $102.07 on groceries, and the rest I spent or set aside for my garden. When I told my husband he said, "Why does that not surprise me?" But hey, I consider it an investment in food for the future.

No comments: