Thursday, March 31, 2011

April Fools!


This Friday is April Fool's Day. I don't know about you, but it is so much fun coming up with something to try and fool my family. My favorite by far was the meatloaf cake I made, frosted with mashed potatoes and topped with cherry tomatoes.

Another year I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast complete with frosting--but they were really tuna pinwheels with sour cream. I've also made a pot pie, but instead of a meat filling, inside it had macaroni and cheese.

There is also the mashed potato sundae, topped with nuts, a cherry tomato and gravy for caramel sauce. Another fun thing is to mix up when you serve things, like having dinner for breakfast, breakfast for lunch and lunch for dinner.

The Friend has some great ideas. You can find them here: http://lds.org/friend/1997/04/kitchen-krafts-april-fools-day-celebration?lang=eng&query=april+fools

I would love to read your comments on fun things you have done to "fool" your families!

Happy Fooling!
~Homemaker

4 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

You and Breadmaker are awesome at April Fools food ideas! Do you have any more pictures? Fun suggestions! I need to try them sometime...

The Five Sisters said...

http://familyfun.go.com/april-fools-day/april-fools-day-recipes/faux-fish-sticks-699457/
My cousin sent this link. It's a cute idea for April Fool's Day.

Lois said...

So cute Deb!!

Michelle M. said...

Those are fun ideas!