Monday, May 30, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups 
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites

These are so incredibly delicious.

Ingredients:
  • Chocolate chip cookie dough--any recipe you like, or store bought
  • Ice cream (I don't recommend using frozen yogurt-it melts too quickly)
The recipe, as found at the link above, suggests using ramekins and claims that this recipe is worth buying a whole set of ramekins.  Well, at my house, that would be a lot of ramekins!  I only have two, from my newlywed days.  I didn't feel like buying 8 to 10 more.  My friend raved about this dessert.  She bought some ramekins just to make it.  I thought about how I could make the same thing at home without having to make an extra trip to the store.  I do a good bit of canning during the summer and over the past few years have acquired a nice set of canning jars. If you don't have ramekins, try using canning jars.

  Make sure they are ones that you can actually use for canning, so they can withstand the temps. in your oven. (Not just recycled glass jars).  They usually have some kind of writing or pattern on the glass. 

The half pint jars (I like to use these for jam) are great for an adult-size serving.  The quarter pint jars  are perfect for the kids (I also use these cute jars for canning chopped green chilies).


 (Cookie dough is so yummy.  I remember when I was pregnant with my third or fourth child, I made cookie dough, minus the eggs, just so I could eat it raw.  It was soooooo good.  You can also replace the eggs with milled flax seed.  1 Tbs. flax seed + 3 Tbs. water=1 egg).

 Scoop in some cookie dough (I love having a cookie scoop!), two scoops for half pints, one for quarter pints.  Set them on a baking sheet for easy transfer to the oven.  Bake in a preheated 350-375 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
 
 The edges should be set and lightly brown, the centers will still be slightly gooey.
Top with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!   Warning: Jars are HOT.   Be careful when handling the jars.  Don't worry though.  The ice cream helps the jars cool down.  We haven't gotten burned yet.

Scrumdiddlyumptious! ~Lena

This post is dedicated to my younger brother who asked to see this.   

1 comment:

chris said...

having been married for 40 years (in two weeks)(no, i don't mean it seems like 40 years even though it's only been two weeks; i mean in two weeks it will be 40 years), i get so sick of cooking and putting dinner on the table.

you girls really get me excited and enthusiastic about making new things again. i know i must have been excited and enthusiastic in the dark ages when i was young, too, but it just fails me sometimes now.

chris cunningham (your mom's friend still here in clayton missing her)