President Ezra Taft Benson, the 13th latter-day prophet for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints said how mothers can spend effective time with their children:
I took these quotes from the Doctrine and Covenants and Church History Seminary Teacher Resource Manual.
- “Take time to always be at the crossroads when your children are either coming or going.”
- “Take time to be a real friend to your children.”
- “Take time to read to your children.”
- “Take time to pray with your children.”
- “Take time to have a meaningful weekly home evening.”
- “Take time to be together at mealtimes as often as possible.”
- “Take time daily to read the scriptures together as a family.”
- “Take time to do things together as a family.”
- “Take time to teach your children."
- “Take the time to truly love your children” (excerpted from To the Mothers in Zion [address given at a fireside for parents, Feb. 22, 1987].
Just because a lot is expected of Mom doesn't get Dad off the hook, but I'll leave his responsibilities for another post.:)
I remember my mom doing these things for us. Even though things were very busy and sometimes a bit crazy, she did all of these.
Happy Mother's Day Mom!!! Thanks for following the words of the prophet. You did such a great job in raising us kids. ~Lena