Friday, June 17, 2011

Two Week Menu for June

Here is my menu for last week and this current week.  They go from Wednesday to Tuesday, since we get our grocery ads on Tuesday evening.  I used to do it from Friday to Thursday, since my errand day was on Friday, but it just works better now to have my errand day on Wednesday.  This gives me time to put together meals for the weekend, bake any bread products I will need for the next week and buy any additional things I might have forgotten before Sunday and have a chance to make sure everything is all organized and put away before Friday.  

Wednesday
Clam Chowder

Thursday
Baked chicken hindquarters and baked potatoes

Friday
Bean Dip with Homemade re fried beans

Saturday
Potato Salad and Hoagies--for the potato salad, we were traveling to Nauvoo the night before, so I didn't want it to spoil at all.  I put all the chunky ingredients (i.e. diced potatoes, sliced hard-boiled eggs and pickles) into an ice cream bucket and brought with me an unopened bottle of mayonnaise.  When it was time to eat, I pulled everything out of the cooler, mixed in the mayo and some mustard and voila~potato salad, without the worry of food poisoning.  Then, when all of us had eaten (and it was pretty much all gone), I just threw everything in the trash--since it was just an ice cream bucket.

Sunday
Leftovers and ice cream

Monday
Spanish Rice Enchiladas--I made homemade tortillas, filled them with Spanish rice and some shredded cheddar, folded them up and then poured green enchilada sauce over them.  They tasted VERY yummy!

Tuesday
Spanish Rice Fritatta

Wednesday
Hummus and Homemade Pita Bread

Thursday
Pigs in a blanket

Friday
Sloppy Joes and Coleslaw

Saturday
Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza

Sunday
Chicken Enchiladas (a special Father's Day request!)

Monday
Spaghetti and Garlic Rolls

Tuesday
Cabbage Ramen Salad

Wednesday
Egg Rolls--filled with the leftover salad.  The seasonings are SO different it doesn't even taste like a recreation of the same meal.

Enjoy!
~Deborah

2 comments:

Lois said...

mmmmmmmmmm potato salad and hoagies! With bean dip on another day this is a great menu!

andyandsteph said...

What's your recipe for pita bread?