Friday, June 3, 2011

Menu for the First Week of June

I wanted to put down my menu for the 1st week of June.  I find that I am cooking less and less with meat as the prices go up.  It's been nice to find yummy, flavorful recipes that I can make from basic ingredients, which will always be the cheapest and most often the healthiest, way to go.

Wednesday, June 1st
Grilled Hamburgers--normally for all my cooking I use 93% lean hamburger, but I have found that my hamburgers taste better and are more flavorful if I use the 85% hamburger.

Homemade hamburger buns
Blueberries

Thursday, June 2nd
Spaghetti Bake--This is basically spaghetti with marinara sauce, some white sauce and cheese, baked together.

Bread Sticks--take your favorite pizza dough, roll into a rectangle, and spread with a mixture of butter, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, garlic and salt. Cut with a pizza cutter into strips and bake until golden brown.

Green Beans

Friday, June 3rd
Roasted Hot Dogs
Potato Salad
Carrot Sticks

Saturday, June 4th
Pizza
Spinach Salad

Sunday, June 5th
French Onion Soup with Homemade French Bread

Monday, June 6th
Bean burritos--I am going to make these with homemade re-fried beans, sauteed onions and green peppers, and slices of Pepper Jack cheese.
Corn
Salad

Tuesday, June 7th
Spanish Rice Frittata (See recipe below)


Wednesday, June 8th
Clam Chowder
Fresh Bread

SPANISH RICE FRITTATA
½ c. Finely chopped onion
2 Tablespoons Margarine
¼ teaspoon Garlic Salt (opt.)
3 c. Cooked Rice  
4 Eggs slightly beaten
½ c. Milk
¼ teaspoon Pepper  
1 cup grated Cheese
1 ½ c. Drained, cooked spinach
½ c. Grated Cheese
2 teaspoons Salt

Cook onion and margarine together until tender. Add spinach, garlic salt, rice and 1Iz c. Cheese. Mix well. Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir into rice mixture. Turn into well buttered 2 quart casserole dish. Top with 1 cup grated cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until set.


 Enjoy!!!
~Deborah

No comments: