Friday, April 15, 2011

Craft Night

A couple nights ago I went to my friend's house for craft night (hi Shelley!). :) We made these cute button eggs:

I'm always on the lookout for crafts using buttons. When my parents were moving a couple of years a go I saw a big box full of buttons my Mom had that she had gotten from her mother and asked if I could have them. It's been a lot of fun making things with them, while thinking of my Grandma Ruth.

For the fabric I used some corduroy from some old jeans. I loved the color of the jeans - so I'd been saving them for awhile. I'm glad I finally got to use them in a project.

Here is a fun picture of my old jeans.
I don't know if any of my old roommates read this blog but I hope they don't mind that I'm posting this. :)

My egg turned out a little lopsided, so I'll probably go back and sew on a couple more buttons. I thought it turned out cute though.

If you would like to make your own button egg - you can find the tutorial here.


No comments: