Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ramen is back!

For the April menu we did not have Ramen once.  Aren't you proud?  And for those of you who don't know me well, we hardly eat Ramen.  Actually, I don't even really like it.  But for menu purposes and the budget, it's an easy option and my kids love it! We never eat it more than 2-3 times a month...in case anyone was wondering.

For April (I am all done with April grocery shopping) I spent $239.28.  I watched Extreme Couponing last week and now I wish I could spend even less!  For May I am actually slightly increasing the food budget to $265.  We have gone a few months with the food budget low and now it's time to start increasing it a little...I need a little break I guess!

I have my May menu done. Here is the first week:

Sunday: Rice & milk
Monday: Creamy mashed potatoes, corn, brownies/cookies for FHE dessert
Tuesday: Pancakes, applesauce
Wednesday: Noodles with white sauce,broccoli
Thursday: Rice with chicken gravy, peas
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Box mac-n-cheese, corn

Happy shopping and budgeting everyone!

~Ruth

No comments: