Monday, April 18, 2011

Yummy Jello Salad

I was talking to my sister (can you guess which one?) about the yummy jello salad I took to a potluck recently.  She said she had never made that kind of jello before.  It surprised me that she hadn't because it is super quick and easy to make.  You don't even need to know how to boil water.  A child could make it, which in this case, my 8 year old made it for me when we got ready for company last week.  This would also make a great side for Easter dinner.
 
  
The line up--
8 oz. whipped topping
16 oz. cottage cheese
3 oz. jello (whatever flavor you prefer)
15 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained--totally optional, but we like the orange/orange combination.
a spoon and a bowl to stir it together.

 Dump everything in the bowl.

 Stir it together.  If adding oranges, fold them in too.
 It's ready to eat.

This isn't rocket science, but the little geniuses around my house love it! 
 
Here's my cute chef in training.  
You may want to double the recipe.  It disappears quickly.~Lena

No comments: