Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Superhero Capes

Hello! It's been a little while since I posted... One of the reasons I've been away was my son's Superhero Birthday Party. I ended up making capes and masks for all of the party goers, so I decided to share how to make the capes here on the blog.

First off I started with two rectangles of fabric measuring 22 in x 27 in. I then used this tutorial from Serving Pink Lemonade - a blog I follow, to make the capes.

Since I was doing the capes for a birthday party I didn't want to do the normal Batman/Superman thing (plus I had already made those capes for my son for Christmas) so I decided to go with a simple oval with the first letter of the child's name.

I just drew the oval in Microsoft Word. For the initials I downloaded the font Adventure from urbanfonts.com (I love downloading free fonts) and enlarged them to 400 in Word.

I then ironed some of my fabulous Heat-n-bond to the back of some felt and traced the letters on BACKWARDS.

Cut them out....

And ironed them on.


And there you have it! A fun cape for your own little Superhero.