Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Sunday

I love getting new Church clothes for Easter Sunday. We had the tradition growing up (at least the girls did...) and it's one that I'm definitely going to continue in my family. This year I decided I wanted to make a skirt. I thought it would be fun to use elastic thread - since I have never sewn with it before and have seen lots of craft bloggers using it. I'm sure there are a ton of great tutorials out there about how to use elastic thread, but since it was going to be my first time using it I wanted to take the safe route and I bought a "pattern." I ended up going with one from Make It and Love It (which actually ended up being a detailed tutorial). I thought it turned out really nice and enjoyed making it.

Finished Product:

An up close of the elastic thread detail
Not too bad for $15..
(and that's including the pattern)

(I couldn't help inserting the awkward photo of myself) :)